Many of today’s mums don’t feel they should sacriﬁce the way they look just because they’ve had children. After multiple pregnancies and breastfeeding, many women ﬁnd it impossible for diet and exercise alone to restore their ﬁgures. These women usually want their tummies and breasts back the way they looked before pregnancy.
These so-called “Mummy Makeovers” are usually performed on women in their 30s or early 40s. There are multiple variations of the Mummy Makeover, of course, and I individualise the plan for each patient depending on their needs. Many women will not need or desire all of these procedures. Each patient determines what her personal Mummy Makeover will involve after we discuss her concerns and options in a thorough consultation.
A Mummy Makeover may be performed in one or more stages. Age, health, needs, and desires are all considered carefully when I formulate a plan for each patient. The majority of my patients choose to do more than one procedure at a time. I’ve had a great deal of experience performing these combined surgeries over the past decade. We take many steps to assure both minimal pain and maximum safety during our procedures:
- TUMMY TUCK: The tummy tends to experience the greatest change following pregnancy with stretch marks, loose skin and lower tummy fat being the most common complaints. The tummy muscles may also be stretched to the point that they remain separated in the midline, accentuating the patient’s lower tummy bulge. To treat these problems, I perform a tummy tuck where I remove the excess skin and fat from the tummy and tighten the muscles. Whenever we do a tummy tuck as part of the Mummy Makeover, we perform liposuction and pay special on to the belly button to help create a nice looking midriﬀ.
- LIPOSUCTION: After having children, fat tends to redistribute to new areas on the body where it may be unwanted. This is frequently true even if women are successful at losing their baby weight. Most often, bulges of fat accumulated around the waist and on the thighs. On these areas, I frequently perform liposuction as part of a Mummy Makeover.
- BREAST SURGERY: The breasts go through dramatic changes with pregnancy and breastfeeding. Patient concerns about their breasts vary greatly, but the most common breast procedures I perform as part of a Mummy Makeover include:
- Breast augmentation (often we place small breast implants for breast augmentation — not so much to increase size, but to give these women back the volume in the breasts (especially in the upper pole) that they have lost during and after pregnancy. This can be done on its own or as part of a breast lift.
- Breast augmentation (with implant) and lift
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
Many of our patients for the Mummy Makeover travel from places outside of Sydney. Our staﬀ can help with the planning of these sorts of trips through our CosmeticCulture Makeover Vacation Program, which makes travel for cosmetic surgery quite easy. More information is available on our website www.cosmeticculture.com.au, including descriptions of tummy tuck and breast augmentation or breast lifts as well as liposuction. You can also email us for more information at email@example.com or call us at 13000DRTIM.
Question: Which parts of your post-childbirth body would you like to change with a Mummy Makeover? You can leave a comment below.